Contoh Soal Latihan Bahasa Inggris Kelas VIII SMP Semester Ganjil
1.Aldi : “lets go to the canteen!’
mira : “…….. I am hungry”
a. It’s a good idea
b. it’s not good idea
c. I disagree
d. I hate it
2. Andre : “……… of our new friend?
joni : “She is beautiful and friendly”
a. Who is the girl
b. what a beautiful girl
c. Would you mind
d. what do you think
3. To get high score in the final exam, we have to….. ..every day.
a. help mother
b. study hard
c. to be lazy
d. go to beach
4. Cow and buffaloes are ……. But tigers and lion are carnivorous.
5. Mr. farhan is a/an ….. He looks after some animals in his large garden behind in his house.
a. Fish monger
b. animals liver
c. fruit seller
d. game lover
6. Mytha : “ I want you to come to my party tonight.”
Aliana : “……….. I have a lot of homework to do.”
a.It’s a great
b. I agree with you
c. I am afraid I can’t
d. it is a good idea
Read the text carefully then answer the question based on the text below.
Yesterday my mother was ill. My father and I took her to the doctor. First my father talked to the lady who was in charge of registration. She typed the data about my mother on the computer. Then we waited for my mother’s turn.
When her turn comes, I accompanied her to enter the doctor’s room. The doctor listened to my mother’s complained patiently. Then the doctor examined my mother by putting the stethoscope on my mother’s chest. After that, a nurse who help the doctor, taking my mother’s temperature so she put a thermometer in my mother’s armpit. He told me that my mother had a bad influenza. He wrote a prescription and gave it to me. He advised my mother to stay in bed for three days and come back after a week.
Then my father took my mother home directly and then I went to the nearest dispensary.
7. Who was sick yesterday?
b. the writer’s mother
c. my father
d. the writer’s father
8. What did the doctor do first after the patience enter his room?
a.Examined the patient first after the patients enter his room.
b.Took the patient’s blood pleasure by using spignomonometer.
c.Listened to the patient’s complain patiently.
d.Wrote a prescription and gave it to the writer.
9. What is used to take the patient’s temperature?
10. “After that, he took my mother’s blood pleasure…’(second paragraph). The underline word means….
11. Why does the writer write such kind of text?
a. To present his pointing of view
b. To retell events for the purpose of informing
c. To persuade the readers to go to the doctor
d. To explain how the doctor explain the patients
The following text is for number 12-14
Two year ago when I (11)…….in elementary school, I (12) …. Two close friends. At that time we usually (13) …..Football every afternoon.
12. a. am b. was c. will be d. have been
13. a. had b. will have c. have been d. have
14. a. played b. plays c. play d. are playing
15. Arrange the following words in to good sentences Were – stewardess – very – the – kind – helpful – and 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
16. Bambang : “ how was your flight?
Wati : Oh, It’s was ……enjoyable. I like it.’
17. Her school ….. an excursion a week ago.
18.Tarlia went to Borobudur temple yesterday. She used …. Own car to travel.
19. Wahdin wrote a letter ……
c. last night
d. at present
20. A big boat is a/an…..
a. Means of air transportation
b. means of sea transportation
c. Means of sky transportation
d. means of land transportation